Search This Blog

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Retrospective of 2012

It's become a tradition in the blogging world to do a retrospective of the past year's posts at the end of the year, so I'm sending you a wrap-up of 2012 in "Linda-Land".  As I review the offerings, I am reflecting on the precious people who have blessed us with their presence.  My mom always says that you get to know people best when they have their feet under your table.

JANUARY


My mom and I had a sweet breakfast using her favorite colors and vintage linens.  See it here.


I decided to do one more table with pine cones, this time using these vintage dishes from a garage sale.  See it here.

FEBRUARY


While my mother was still visiting, I tickled her with a chicken theme and then gave her the napkins to take home, since chickens are "her thing".  See it here.


I may have rushed spring a little with this one, but I did it to treat a committee of women who were working with me on an Easter event, and I wanted to have them "think spring".  See it here.

MARCH


In early March, I was thinking outdoors already, so I put together this faux bois themed table, but it was served in the dining room.  See it here.


My bridge buddies joined me for a St. Patrick's Day lunch.  As always, we had such a good time.  See it here.


This was a simple trayscape so that I could feature my friend's magnificent springtime garden.  See it here.


March in Georgia brings a beautiful display of wisteria and I set a polka-dot table to feature it.  See it here.


Did you know there was a National Tartan Day?  Well, if you follow some of us plaid lovers, you'd know.  I set this table to salute it.  See it here.

APRIL


This is my all-time favorite table.  Not just for 2012, but for anytime.  Nothing precious here, or even all that unique, but I just love the way it all came together.  I know it's not good to be prideful, but I'm giving myself a blue ribbon for this one.  See it here. 


These majolica plates were perfect for Easter breakfast.  See it here.


See our Easter dinner table here.


My last post for April was for Earth Day and I used some rather cute paper placemats with earthy items.  See it here.

MAY


I barely had my garden planted when it was time for my garden club to visit.  It was a fun pot luck and here's how I did the centerpiece.  See more here.


This bright fabric with birdcages on it inspired a table down on our lower terrace.  The beds were starting to fill in and it felt great to be dining outside.  See it here.


Another group we entertained in May was our wine club.  Here's the centerpiece I came up with.  See more here.


Before the pollen got too bad, I set a breakfast table that celebrated the apple blossems from our trees out by the paddock area. See it here.  


And, of course, for Memorial Day, I celebrated the Indianapolis 500 with this table.  See it here.

JUNE


In June, all the world took note of Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee and here's a table that gives a nod to that event. OMG!  I never noticed until NOW that there's a fly on this napkin.  This is reality, folks!  Too bad Susan is not giving her blooper party this year!


Finding the perfect fabric sent me to setting this table with the Greenbrier as inspiration.  See more here.


Nothing like a red, white, and blue table for Flag Day.  See it here.


Just a simple table for when our neighbor joined us for dinner.  Here.

JULY

 
More fun fabric and a lucky find at Homegoods made this table serene and sort of out of the box for me.  See it here.


These table linens with ants all over them made dining in the garden authentic.  Here.


A simple breakfast tray with Asiatic Pheasant china and blue hydrangeas closed out July.  Here.

AUGUST


I wasn't home much in August, but I did manage to set this table to share with Mr. Pressed Pants the night before I left.  Here.


Then, we had a little French picnic as a tailgate one afternoon. Here. 


Back out in the garden, I used fern plates for a dinner for two.  Here.

SEPTEMBER


During a trip to visit our children, I photographed this canine-inspired table at Rebecca Smith's farm.  See it here.



And the same day, we switched up to table to Equestrian style.  Here.


And then, I introduced my fall tables with this very bright one.  See it here.

OCTOBER


Sunflowers and faux bois......this was a very enjoyable evening.  See it here.


And then our wine club was back here for Halloween.  See it here.

NOVEMBER


And then the bridge buddies were back for a fall luncheon.  Here.


My favorite brown and green toile plates were featured here.

NOVEMBER


Our Thanksgiving table was pretty casual.  You can see it here.

DECEMBER


Again, fabric was the inspiration for a table.  We had a very, very fun group of friends for this dinner party.  It was the last of our entertaining for the year, and what a way to go out!!!!  See more of it here.

If you followed this blog throughout the year, I am grateful.  If you left comments, I am really, really grateful!!!  I recognize that I am blessed to have the time and resources to play with dishes.  I'm not curing cancer or finding the answer to the economic downturn, but, believe me......I'm having fun.













.




3 comments:

  1. Linda,
    While your table settings are always show stoppers for me...the one you said was your favorite is mine too. While scrolling down, reading your descriptions, when I came to that image I stopped scrolling...so simple yet so pretty.
    I look forward to your 2013 ideas!
    Happy New Year.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is so hard to choose a favorite! I loved the faux bois table and how you used tiara's as napkin rings. Brilliant!

    Have a lovely, peaceful and prosperous New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl....you sure can set a table :) So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...